Saturday, January 31, 2009

Hooray for Kids


Joshy found a frog toy. Joshy holding his Thomas the train potty chart


This is my crocheted blanket for Josh. It took
a while but it's done.



Cecily and Rachelle as princess and cook


Cecily being served pretend soup by Rachelle.



I am so excited to be finally posting something on this blog. I was able to go with Rachelle to a mother/daughter 70's dance at her school just the other night. I was amazed at how much I didn't want to go. It's funny how as adults we can get so caught up in being responsible and running our day to day lives that we forget to have fun. Rachelle is a natural when it comes to having fun. As soon as we got there she ran out to give all her 1st grade friends a hug. Next, she explained how there were pictures being taken on the stage and we could go do that 1st. All I could think of was my big baby belly and bad hair. Then the dj started asking the moms and daughters to come and dance together for certain songs. I started to enjoy my self and forget about all the negative thoughts and started to realize how few times I will get to spend like this with my daughter. We did the twist, the chicken dance, the love train, and swong around skipping several times. I am so happy that children are so carefree. They teach us old people to quit worryinng about what people think of us and just be ourselves.




Cecily has been very cute today, making pretend cakes out of small boxes and asking me to guess what is in each one. She has marballs, necklace beads and pretty things in them. Joshy is loving our Kung Fu Panda book from the library. He loves the page with Tigris hanging from the breaking bridge. Josh loves to get into our chocolate stash on top of the fridge. He also has been tearing stickers off of toys and ripping books. The other day he made snow out of his roll and then walked in it. I really have to watch this boy and run after him when it gets too quiet. We tried to start potty training but have since given up for a month or two. I don't think I'm quite ready.


Rachelle came up with a great Family Home Evening last night. She created stations we could go to throughout the house and had an activity at each station. My favorite was the instrument station. Eric thinks he can play the guitar and sang in a twang voice many interesting songs like "Mommas don't let your babies grow up to be cowboy". Joshy blew on our dollar store flute and pretended to be a train while we all followed behind him.


I just barely finished my second crochet project. A baby blanket for Josh. Yes it was supposed to be done when Joshy was born and he is now two and a half, but it's done and I am very proud. I am now one day shy of 19 weeks into my pregnacy and still sick for parts of each day. Now I am also enjoying the heart burn stage. Yay!! But only one week until we find out if it's a boy or a girl.

My hair is now a dark blond, looks light brown and still very short. I got a Walmart hair trim that turned into a disaster, had to cut it again. So it is better mostly, now (just wish it was longer) and I'll just enjoy it for what it is.












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you wrote!!!! I am trying to keep track of all of my family and your stories are so cute!! Just remember to have fun... when you aren't throwing up... You have great kids!

Michelle said...

Yaaaay!!!! I'm so glad that you had a good time with Rachelle. I loved hearing about what each of the kids are doing. And where's the picture of your new hair???? Love you so much!

Cossette said...

I love the pictures. It's good to hear how you are doing.

Sarah said...

Cute pictures! Good to hear from you. I agree it is hard to let go when your worried about appearances, thank goodness kids get us out of that somewhat. Glad to hear you are feeling better also.

Shea Nicole said...

I check here every couple of weeks to see if there is anything new, and much to my surprise, there was today! :D Josh is getting so big, and the girls, as always, are more beautiful with each day! Glad you are all doing so well. :)

Michelle said...

Hi again Erin!
I just tagged you! If you have time to participate, I'd love to read your thoughts!